Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When a man’s son ran away it taught us a really awesome lesson in how much God loves us.
This is Q5L12 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- One day, a son asked for money from his dad and ran away.
- The son lived a wild life until he had no money left.
- The son finally came to his senses and went back to his home.
- His dad didn’t just take him back; he threw a party!
- God throws a party when we come home.
Luke 15:24 ‘He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.
See Also: Forgiveness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you were so mad that you wanted to run away from home.
- What did the son want from his dad? Why do you think the dad gave him his inheritance early?
- What did the son do with the money? What happened when the son came home? How is the Dad in the story like Jesus?
- Read Micah 7:18-19. Pardon is another word for forgiveness. Identify all that this passage says about what God does with our sins?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.