Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
In this lesson, learn how Jesus responded to temptation in His life. He modeled for us how we should fight temptation in our own lives.
- Did you know Jesus was tempted?
- The devil tried to tempt Jesus with bread.
- The devil tried to get Jesus to jump off of a building.
- The devil said he would give the whole world to Jesus.
Matthew 4:4 People don’t live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
See Also: Jesus, Temptation
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Temptation is a fancy word for wanting something you’re told you can’t have. Make a list of things that tempt you. Why do your parents say “no” to those things?
- Why is it helpful to know that Jesus was tempted, too?
- Read Matthew 4:3-10. Why did the devil tempt Jesus with bread? Why would he tell him to jump off a building?
- How did Jesus respond every time to temptation?
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16. How can you ask Jesus for help when you’re tempted? Why is it important to know that Jesus understands temptation?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of The Jesus Series.