Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Jesus is God’s son, so we should listen to him.
This is Q4L11 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jesus lead Peter, James, and John up a high mountain to be alone. Matthew 17:1
- Jesus’s face and clothes turned bright like the sun. Matthew 17:2-3
- The disciples heard a voice coming from the sky. Matthew 17:5-6
- When we understand who Jesus is we will listen to him.
Matthew 17:5b “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy. Listen to him.”
See Also: Obedience, God
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- How do you respond when a friend or younger sibling tells you to do something? Why do you respond that way?
- Who went up the mountain with Jesus? What happened to Jesus?
- Who spoke from heaven? What did God say?
- Read James 1:22-24. The word is just another word for the Bible. What does this passage tell us to do? Why is obedience important?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.