Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When we lie, it’s like playing hide and seek with the truth. Eventually you’ll get found out!
- When we tell lies, we are playing hide and seek with the truth.
- The more lies we tell, the more lies we have to tell.
- If you get used to lying, you’ll end up fooling yourself.
- If you get used to telling the truth, you’ll end up helping yourself.
Proverbs 12:19 Truthful words stand the test of time, but lies are soon exposed.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time someone lied to you. How did that feel? Share a time you told a lie. What happened?
- What happens when we tell lies? Who do we end up fooling?
- What happens when people find out that we lied? Why is it hard to trust someone who lies?
- Read Proverbs 12:22. Detest is another word for hate. What does God hate? What does God love?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Kids’ Wisdom series.