Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Sin is something that is inside of all of us, but lucky for us we’ve got a way to fight it.
- Sin is doing things our own way instead of God’s way.
- Sin started with the very first people, and it’s still around today! Genesis 3:6-7
- Sin separates us from God and the people we love.
- Jesus took care of our sin problem when he went to the cross. Romans 6:23
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are some rules your parents have for you to obey? What are the consequences if you disobey?
- What is sin? Who were the first people to sin?
- Who came to fix our sin problem?
- Read Colossians 1:13-14. What are the kingdoms that Paul is talking about? Who saves us from darkness?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Basics series.