Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When an angel told Mary a super important message, it showed the whole world the real meaning of Christmas.
This is Q2L1 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Christmas is about relationships, not presents.
- An angel talked about relationships in his first words with Mary.
- Jesus proves how much God cares about relationships
Matthew 1:23 She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’
See Also: Jesus, Relationships, Christmas
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are your favorite family traditions at Christmas?
- Who was Jesus’ mom? What did the angel tell Mary?
- What was Jesus’ nickname? What does it mean?
- Read John 3:16. Who loves us? Why did Jesus come? What does it mean that we can have eternal life?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.