Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Mary and Joseph tried to find place to stay in Bethlehem, there was no room for them in the inn.
- There was no room in the inn. Luke 2:7
- Jesus came to be with us. Matthew 1:23
- We should make room in our hearts for Jesus!
Luke 2:7 She gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe the coolest hotel you’ve ever stayed in on vacation.
- What happened when Mary and Joseph showed up at the inn?
- Why do you think Jesus chose to be born in a barn instead of a nice hotel?
- Read Philippians 2:5-8. According to this passage, what all did Jesus give up when he came to earth? What can we learn from the attitude of Jesus?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.