Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
A long time ago, God made a one-in-a-million promise to a guy named Abe. And once he believed it, his dreams came true.
- God told Abraham to go to the Promised Land, far away from anywhere he’d ever been. Genesis 12:1-3
- God told Abraham that he would have a huge family, even though he was childless.
- God told Abraham that the whole world would be lucky through him, even though he was just one random guy.
- Abraham had a lot of faith, even though he could hardly believe what God was promising. Genesis 15:6
Hebrews 11:8 It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land. He went without knowing where he was going.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- Where did God tell Abraham to go?
- What did God promise Abraham about kids?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6. Why is God worthy of our trust? Why shouldn’t we depend on our own understanding?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.