Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son, it was the biggest test of his life. Could he do it?
This is Q2L5 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God gave Abraham a son named Isaac even though he was super old. Genesis 21:2-3
- God tested Abraham’s faith in a crazy way. Genesis 22:1-2
- Abraham passed the test and proved that he trusted God more than anything. Genesis 22:12
- Faith is believing in God even though we don’t always understand what he’s up to. Hebrews 11:17
Hebrews 11:17 It was by faith that Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice when God was testing him.
See Also: Faith, Trust
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Do your parents ask you to do things or eat things that you don’t like? Explain.
- What was the name of Abraham’s son?
- What did God ask Abraham to do that was hard? Why did God ask that of Abraham?
- Read James 1:2-3. Why can we be joyful, even when we’re going through hard times? How does the hard stuff make our faith stronger?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.