Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Esau was a strong man with a weak will. And that made it easy for his brother to trick him.
This is Q2L6 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Isaac had twin boys named Jacob and Esau. Genesis 25:25-26
- Esau was the older twin so he was supposed to be the lucky one.
- Jacob tricked Esau and stole his birthright. Genesis 25:33
- It’s foolish to give up something big for something small.
Proverbs 25:28 A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls.
See Also: Self-Control, Choices
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever made a bad trade with a friend or sibling? Explain.
- What were the names of the twins in the story today?
- What did Jacob take from Esau?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:7. What doesn’t God give us? What does he give us instead? In what areas of your life do you need to work on self control?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.