Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Jacob tricked his dad into speaking a blessing, those words were so important that he couldn’t take them back.
This is Q2L7 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Isaac was old and wanted to bless his sons. Genesis 27:1-4
- Rebekah and Jacob made a place to bless Esau’s blessing.
- Jacob tricked his dad and got the blessing of the firstborn. Genesis 27:27-29
- Our words have power so we need to be careful what we say. Proverbs 18:21
Proverbs 18:21 The tongue can bring death or life.
See Also: Kindness, Poisonous Words
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the nicest thing someone has said about you? What are some mean things kids say to each other?
- Who did Jacob and his mom trick?
- What did Jacob steal and why?
- Read Ephesians 4:29. What are some examples of words we shouldn’t speak to others? What are some examples of kind words we should speak?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.