Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Sometimes being jealous can make us do silly things. That’s what happened when Joseph got a special present from his dad.
This is Q2L8 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Joseph was Jacob’s favorite son, so he gave him a robe. Genesis 37:3
- Joseph’s brothers got jealous because he was so special. Genesis 37:11
- Joseph’s brother sold him into slavery. Genesis 37:26
- Sometimes being jealous can make us do silly things. 1 Corinthians 13:4
1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud…
See Also: Jealousy, Pride, Humility
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe a time you were jealous of a sibling or friend. How did it make you feel and what did you do?
- Who was the favorite son? What did Jacob give to Joseph?
- Why do you think the brothers were so jealous of Joseph? What did their jealousy lead them to do to Joseph?
- Read Psalm 37:1-3. What does this passage tell us not to do? Who should we trust in for all of our needs?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.