Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Bad things can happen to good people, but God will always get his way. That’s what Joseph learned in Egypt.
This is Q2L9 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Joseph had a rough start when he got to Egypt. Genesis 39:20
- God was with Joseph even when he went to prison. Genesis 39:21-23
- Joseph became second in command in all of Egypt. Genesis 41:37-40
- Bad things can happen, but God will always get his way. Genesis 50:20
Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.
See Also: Trials, Joseph and the Cool Robe
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe what your worst day would be like.
- Where was Joseph sent due to the lies of Potiphar’s wife?
- What skill did Joseph have that gained him favor with Pharaoh?
- Read Romans 8:28. How does God work in our lives? How can the hard times end up helping us?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.