Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
God can use even the stinky, yucky garbage of life. God isn't wasteful. He will use everything to teach us and make us stronger.
- Sometimes life is like a garbage can. Bad stuff happens in life. Don’t go looking for it. But just be ready – sometimes it comes to you.
- God is still there, even in the garbage. Just remember: God is still in charge.
- God will make something good out of our garbage. God doesn’t waste anything. He uses everything in our lives to make us better.
Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
See Also: God, Trials
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make a list of stuff you throw in the garbage. Why do you throw them away? What are some things you could reuse instead of throwing away?
- What has God taught your family through the garbage in your life?
- Give an example of how God can use a bad thing and somehow make it good?
- Read Philippians 4:6-7. What should we do when we’re faced with something hard? Why do you think Paul adds that we should be thankful? What do we receive when we rely on God?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?