Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
Why are there so many lights at Christmas? Where did that tradition come from?
- God was the first one to hang a light on Christmas.
- The first Christmas tree lights were candles.
- Thomas Edison was the first to string lights on Christmas trees.
- Today, men battle with lights at Christmas every year. Putting up Christmas lights is hard work!
- Jesus is the true light at Christmas.
John 12:46 (NIRV) I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.
See Also: Christmas
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the coolest Christmas display you’ve ever seen? (someone’s house, a big tree, nativity scene, Christmas village)
- What did God put in the sky to lead people to Jesus?
- Does your family do a lot to decorate at Christmas? What’s your favorite decoration in your home?
- Read John 8:12. Who is the light of the world? What does Jesus help us to see?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the True Christmas series.