Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
When God gives you apple slices instead of fries, what will you do?
- You can’t order up God like a kids’ meal. We don’t get to pick and choose what God is like or what he gives us or doesn’t give us.
- What God gives us is good for us. The things he gives us aren’t always the things we want, but what he gives us is good for us.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
See Also: God, Happiness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s your favorite fast food restaurant? Why is it your favorite?
- Create a list of words that describe God. What is your favorite thing about God?
- Why can’t we tell God who we want him to be?
- Share a time you asked God for something and you got it. How did that make you feel?
- Share a time you asked God for something and didn’t get it. How did that make you feel?
- Why can the hard stuff in life still be good for us?
- Read Isaiah 40:31. Why should we trust in the Lord? Why is it better to follow God’s plan instead of our own?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?