Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Hey kids! You go to church, right? But have you ever thought about WHY you do it? Kids have gone to church for hundreds of years, and it’s a good thing! Your parents probably went to church, and your grandparents before them.
There are three main reasons we go to church:
Reason #1: To learn about Jesus
Did you notice that we learn about Jesus every single week at Kids Church? It’s important to understand who Jesus is and what he did for us.
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.
Reason #2: To sing together
God loves it when we come together to sing. Singing in church is our way of saying “thanks” to God and “we love you”. It’s a privilege!
Psalm 95:1 Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Reason #3: To help one another
Did you know that you have a gift to share with other people at church? Maybe your gift is being friendly to other kids, or you’re gifted at memorizing your memory verse and sharing it. Perhaps you’re a good helper and you help your teacher in class.
1 Peter 4:10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
- Set Up: Watch the video together or invite someone to set up the conversation.
- What’s your favorite part of kids church and why? (singing, learning, craft/game, friends)
- Why is church important to your family?
- What have you learned about Jesus at church?
- How can you help others at church?
- Read John 4:23. How does God want us to worship him? Why does our attitude matter in worship?
- Takeaway: Write a personal action step based on this conversation.