Instructions: Watch the video above and then talk about it with your family! Learn more
Values are things that you care about or are important to you.
We should value the things God cares about
If it’s important to God, then it should be important to us. Here are three examples:
Value #1: People
A lot of kids value their stuff more than their family and friends. That’s not good. We shouldn’t care more about stuff than people! People matter to God, so people should matter to us.
Value #2: Honesty
A lot of kids try to be fake and pretend they are perfect. That’s no good either. God wants us to be honest about how we feel and what we’re struggling with. And he doesn’t want us to act like we’re perfect, because we’re not!
Value #3: Obedience
A lot of kids think that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want. NO WAY! God wants us to learn to be obedient – to our parents and other leaders in our lives.
- Set Up: Watch the video together or invite someone to set up the conversation.
- Describe some things that are really important to you. (favorite stuffed animal, trophies, notes from friends, books) Why are they important to you?
- Why do you think God values people? How can you show value to people in your life?
- Why doesn’t God want us to be fake?
- Why is obedience important?
- Read Romans 12:9-10. Give some examples of what it looks like to pretend to love others. Give some examples of ways you can genuinely show love to others. Which way is better and why?
- Takeaway: Write a personal action step based on this conversation.