Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Jesus models what forgiveness should look like in our lives.
Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Forgiveness means you choose not to pay someone back when they hurt you.
- We should forgive because Jesus forgives us. Colossians 3:13
- The best friends know how to forgive.
Proverbs 17:9 (NCV) Whoever forgives someone’s sin makes a friend, but gossiping about the sin breaks up friendships.
See Also: Character, Kindness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time a friend hurt your feelings. How did you respond?
- What does it mean to forgive someone?
- Why did Jesus die for us?
- Read Colossians 3:13. What does it mean to make allowances for someone’s faults? Why should we be forgiving people?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Kids’ Wisdom series.