Psalm 139 is one of the most popular psalms in the whole Bible, and it talks about how God pursues us even before we look for Him.
- God knows the real you. Psalm 139:1-2
- God is closer to you than you realize. Psalm 139:7-8
- God wants to be in your life.
Psalm 139:1 Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe yourself: physical characteristics, favorite food, favorite things to do. Share some of your least favorite things.
- How does it make you feel to know that God knows everything about you?
- List some things God has done in your life to show you that he is near.
- Why do you think God wants to be in your life?
- Read Jeremiah 31:33. A covenant is a promise. What is God promising to do in this verse? What are God’s instructions? What does it mean that they are written on our hearts?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Book of Psalms series.