Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Psalm 139 is one of the most popular psalms in the whole Bible, and it talks about how God pursues us even before we look for Him.
- God knows the real you. Psalm 139:1-2
- God is closer to you than you realize. Psalm 139:7-8
- God wants to be in your life.
Psalm 139:1 Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
See Also: Psalms, God
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe yourself: physical characteristics, favorite food, favorite things to do. Share some of your least favorite things.
- How does it make you feel to know that God knows everything about you?
- List some things God has done in your life to show you that he is near.
- Why do you think God wants to be in your life?
- Read Jeremiah 31:33. A covenant is a promise. What is God promising to do in this verse? What are God’s instructions? What does it mean that they are written on our hearts?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Book of Psalms series.