Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Following Jesus isn't a chore, it's something we should be happy to do!
This is Q6L12 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- In Bible times, every normal person had to work really hard.
- When animals were put to work they had to wear a “yoke”.
- Jesus said his yoke was easy not hard like other religions.
- Following Jesus isn’t a chore, it’s something you really want to do.
Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
See Also: Jesus, Asking Jesus into Your Heart
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the worst chore you have to do at your house?
- In Bible times, who didn’t have to work very hard? What did the normal people have to do?
- What is a yoke? How did it help the animals to do their job? Who offers to help us?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. What did Jesus do for us? What do you think it means that when we’re weak, then we’re strong in Jesus?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.