Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Your heart need to be like healthy soil so you can follow Jesus!
This is Q6L13 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- The first soil wasn’t soft enough, so birds came and ate all the seeds.
- The second soil wasn’t deep enough, so the plants had no roots.
- The third soil was full of weeds, so they killed the plants.
- The fourth soil was just right and produced a lot of crops.
Matthew 13:8 Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!
See Also: Asking Jesus into Your Heart, Telling Others About Jesus
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever planted a garden or taken care of a special plant? What did you have to do for it?
- What is a parable? What was Jesus really teaching in the story of the soils?
- What was wrong with each of the first 3 soils? What made the 4th soil so great?
- Read Psalm 1:1-3. What is the Law of the Lord? Why is it important to obey what God’s word says? How will that impact our lives?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.