Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
What is baptism all about, and how do you know if you're ready for it? Let's answer that question for kids and parents.
This is Q7L2 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Baptism is when Christians get dunked under water.
- Baptism might seem weird, but it’s normal for Christians.
- One of the first commands Jesus gives to new Christians is to be baptized.
- Baptism is a symbol on the outside for something that happens on the inside.
Romans 6:4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
See Also: Baptism, Philip Shares with an Ethiopian, The Great Commission
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are some of your family traditions (holidays, family outings, food)
- Who told us that we should get baptized? What happens when someone is baptized?
- What does baptism symbolize? Have you been baptized yet?
- Read 1 Peter 3:21. How does being baptized clean us? Who makes us “clean”?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Basics series.