Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When God’s on your side, even a big bully can’t beat you.
This is Q7L3 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- When young David got famous, King Saul got jealous.
- When David became a warrior, King Saul got scared.
- King Saul tried to kill David while he was playing his harp.
- When God is on your side, not even a big bully can beat you.
1 Samuel 18:14 David continued to succeed in everything he did, for the Lord was with him.
See Also: God, King Saul, David and Goliath
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you had to be brave. (started a new school, stood up for a friend, told the truth even though you knew you’d be in trouble)
- What had David done to become so famous? Why was Saul jealous of David?
- What did Saul throw at David? Who protected David?
- Read Psalm 121. Identify all that this chapter says about God and what he does for us. Why don’t we ever need to be afraid?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.