Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
David had to wait a really, really long time to become king.
This is Q7L4 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- David was chosen to be king when he was young, but had to wait.
- David could have killed Saul, but he decided to wait.
- After 15 years, David finally got to be king.
- Sometimes we have to wait a long time for God to come through.
Psalm 27:14 Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
See Also: Patience, David On The Run
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you had to be super patient, waiting for something exciting to happen.
- How old was David when Samuel told him he would be king? How old was David when he became king of all of Israel?
- Why do you think God made David wait so long? What can patience teach us?
- Read 2 Peter 3:8-9. What does this passage say about God and his timing? Why does God choose to wait?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.