Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
David lost focus on God and it caused him to make a huge mistake.
- David became a powerful and popular king in Israel.
- When we don’t stay focused on God, it’s easy to make a big mistake.
- David tried to hide his mistake, but Nathan called him out. 2 Samuel 12:1-9
- God forgives our mistakes, and he wants us to admit we’re wrong.
Psalm 51:7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you made a big mistake. What were the consequences for that mistake? (forgot to study for a spelling test or gossiped about a friend and they found out).
- Why was David considered a good king? Who was really behind David’s success?
- Who came to call out David for his big mistake? How did David respond once he realized he had messed up?
- Read Psalm 103:8-12. What does this passage say about how God responds to our mistakes?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.