Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When God gave Samuel an important message, he had to be brave to share it.
- Young Samuel lived at the tabernacle with a priest named Eli. 1 Samuel 3:1
- One night God spoke to Samuel, but the message was really scary. 1 Samuel 3:11-14
- Eli asked Samuel to tell him the truth about God’s message. 1 Samuel 3:17-18
- When God speaks, it takes courage to listen.
1 Samuel 3:19 As Samuel grew up, the Lord was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the worst chore your parents ask you to do? How do you typically respond when they ask you to do it?
- Who was Samuel’s mom? Where did Samuel grow up?
- Who was calling Samuel’s name in the night? Why was Samuel afraid of the message God had given him?
- Read James 1:2-4. Why does James say we should see our troubles as a reason to be joyful? How do our challenges make us stronger?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.