Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When God gave Samuel an important message, he had to be brave to share it.
This is Q6L6 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Young Samuel lived at the tabernacle with a priest named Eli.
- One night God spoke to Samuel, but the message was really scary.
- Eli asked Samuel to tell him the truth about God’s message.
- When God speaks, it takes courage to listen.
1 Samuel 3:19 As Samuel grew up, the Lord was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable.
See Also: Courage, Hannah’s Prayer
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the worst chore your parents ask you to do? How do you typically respond when they ask you to do it?
- Who was Samuel’s mom? Where did Samuel grow up?
- Who was calling Samuel’s name in the night? Why was Samuel afraid of the message God had given him?
- Read James 1:2-4. Why does James say we should see our troubles as a reason to be joyful? How do our challenges make us stronger?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.