Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When we pray, God will give us exactly what is best for us.
This is Q6L5 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Hannah couldn’t have children and people made fun of her for it.
- Hannah promised that if she had a son, she would give him back to God.
- God answered her prayer, and Hannah kept her promise.
- There are some things in life that only God can give us.
1 Samuel 2:8 God lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump.
See Also: Prayer, God Giving Us What We Need
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make a wishlist of 3 things you hope for in life?
- What was Hannah sad about? What did Hannah promise God if he answered her prayer?
- How old was Samuel when he went to live with Eli in the temple?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. What are the three things this passage tells us to do? What will you do next time you really want God to answer your prayer?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.