Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When we pray, God will give us exactly what is best for us.
- Hannah couldn’t have children and people made fun of her for it. 1 Samuel 1:5-7
- Hannah promised that if she had a son, she would give him back to God. 1 Samuel 1:11
- God answered her prayer, and Hannah kept her promise. 1 Samuel 1:24-28
- There are some things in life that only God can give us.
1 Samuel 2:8 God lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make a wishlist of 3 things you hope for in life?
- What was Hannah sad about? What did Hannah promise God if he answered her prayer?
- How old was Samuel when he went to live with Eli in the temple?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. What are the three things this passage tells us to do? What will you do next time you really want God to answer your prayer?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.