VIDEO COMING SOON!
Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we can be brave no matter what!
This is Q5L13 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- The disciples were on a boat and in a pickle.
- Jesus came to them walking on water, and they got scared.
- Peter sank when he took his eyes off of Jesus.
- When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we can be brave no matter what.
Matthew 14:27b “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”
See Also: Courage, Faith
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time where you had to be courageous. (a speaking role in the school play, surgery, moved to a new school)
- Where were the disciples in this story? What happened that made them scared?
- Who walked on the water toward them? What did Peter need to do to walk on the water, too?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6. Why is God’s way best? Why shouldn’t we trust our own understanding?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.