Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we can be brave no matter what!
- The disciples were on a boat and in a pickle. Matthew 14:24
- Jesus came to them walking on water, and they got scared. Matthew 14:25-27
- Peter sank when he took his eyes off of Jesus. Matthew 14:28-30
- When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we can be brave no matter what.
Matthew 14:27b “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time where you had to be courageous. (a speaking role in the school play, surgery, moved to a new school)
- Where were the disciples in this story? What happened that made them scared?
- Who walked on the water toward them? What did Peter need to do to walk on the water, too?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6. Why is God’s way best? Why shouldn’t we trust our own understanding?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.