Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Worrying is something we all do, but we need to learn how to fight worry and trust in God!
This is Q5L11 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- It’s easy to _________________________ about things we need or want.
- Jesus taught that worrying doesn’t _________________________, not even one bit.
- Worrying makes us try to get things without _________________________ help.
- If you focus on what God _________________________, you can stop worrying about what you _________________________.
Matthew 6:33 (ICB) The thing you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you.
See Also: Worry, Trust
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are some things that you worry about? Has worrying about those things helped you? Explain.
- Why doesn’t worry help us in life? Have you ever wanted something really bad but later realized it wasn’t what God wanted for you? Explain.
- What should we do instead of worrying about what we want? Who provides us with all that we need?
- Read John 14:27. What is peace and how is it different from what the world offers?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.