Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When a rich man asked Jesus how to get to heaven, it taught us all an important lesson.
This is Q5L10 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- The rich man thought he had to __________________________________ something to be saved.
- Jesus reminded him about some of the __________________________________.
- The rich man was pretty proud that he kept __________________________________ of the rules.
- Jesus doesn’t care about the __________________________________, he cares about your __________________________________.
Mark 10:21 “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
See Also: The 10 Commandments, Putting Your Trust in Jesus
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Is there one item in your life that you can’t live without? Why?
- What did the rich guy ask Jesus? What are the 10 Commandments really about?
- What did Jesus tell the rich guy he had to do? Why did Jesus tell him to do that?
- Read Matthew 6:24. How can money cause trouble in our lives? Why does Jesus say you can’t love both God and money?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.