Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
God's people thought they needed a king to be powerful, but they already had the most powerful king of all!
- Samuel was a good judge, but the people wanted a king. 1 Samuel 8:4-5
- The people thought a king on earth was better than a king in heaven.
- God told Samuel to warn the people about what kings are like. 1 Samuel 8:6-9
- God is the real king over everyone everywhere.
Psalm 47:2 For the Lord Most High is awesome. He is the great King of all the earth.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you were in charge of a country, what would you do?
- Why did the people ask Samuel for a king to rule over them?
- Who was their real king? Why didn’t the Israelites view God as their king?
- Read Revelation 17:14. Who is the Lamb? Who are the chosen ones that will be with him forever?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.