Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Don’t be like King Saul who only kind of obeyed God.
- God picked Saul to be Israel’s first king. 1 Samuel 10:1
- King Saul obeyed God’s command. . . kind of.
- God rejected Saul as king. 1 Samuel 15:17-21
- Fully obeying is better than kind of obeying.
1 Samuel 15:22 Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice…
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Create a list of excuses kids use for not doing chores or homework. How do the adults respond to those excuses?
- Who was Israel’s first king?
- How did Saul disobey God? What excuse did Saul give for disobeying?
- Read Joshua 1:8. Meditate just means to read and think. Why is it important to read the Bible? How does obeying the Bible help us?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.