Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Don’t be like King Saul who only kind of obeyed God.
This is Q6L8 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God picked Saul to be Israel’s first king.
- King Saul obeyed God’s command. . . kind of.
- God rejected Saul as king.
- Fully obeying is better than kind of obeying.
1 Samuel 15:22 Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice…
See Also: Obedience, Samuel
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Create a list of excuses kids use for not doing chores or homework. How do the adults respond to those excuses?
- Who was Israel’s first king?
- How did Saul disobey God? What excuse did Saul give for disobeying?
- Read Joshua 1:8. Meditate just means to read and think. Why is it important to read the Bible? How does obeying the Bible help us?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.