Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Everyone gets jealous, and sometimes it makes you do foolish things. That's exactly what happened to a brother named Cain.
This is Q1L4 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Cain and Abel were brother, the children of Adam and Eve.
- God liked Abel’s gift, but he didn’t like Cain’s. Genesis 4:3-5
- Because Cain was jealous, he killed his brother Abel. Genesis 4:8
- God punished Cain for his actions, but he still protected him. Genesis 4:13-16
Psalm 145:17 The Lord is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness.
See Also: Anger, Sin
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever been jealous a friend or sibling? Explain.
- What were the names of the two brothers in the story? What were their jobs?
- Why was Cain jealous of Abel?
- Read James 4:2-3. Why do we become jealous? What do you think is the right way to ask God for things?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.