Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
Be honest with God and let him help to turn your weaknesses into strengths.
- Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. Don’t be a “Superman Sam” who acts good at church but is mean the rest of the week. Don’t be a “Perfect Patty” who pretends nothing is wrong in life.
- The truth is, you aren’t perfect. Don’t say that you love God and then act like you don’t. Don’t pretend to be perfect and have it all together when you know you don’t.
- With God’s help, you can honor him. The next time you’re tempted to put on a mask and act like someone you’re not, stop and pray. Ask God to help you to do the things that honor him, not because you’re pretending, but because you really want to please God.
Matthew 5:8 These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
See Also: Faithfulness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Who’s your favorite superhero or super character? Why are they your favorite?
- It’s okay to dress up and pretend when you’re playing, but why is not good to pretend to be something you’re not in real life stuff?
- What’s wrong with being a Superman Sam?
- What’s wrong with being a Perfect Patty?
- How can God help us to overcome our weaknesses?
- Read Hebrews 4:15-16. Why is it comforting to know that Jesus understands our struggles? What do we receive when we come to God and ask for help?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?