Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When an angel told Mary a super important message, it showed the whole world the real meaning of Christmas.
- Christmas is about relationships, not presents.
- An angel talked about relationships in his first words with Mary. Luke 1:28
- Jesus proves how much God cares about relationships.
Matthew 1:23 She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’
See Also: Christmas
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are your favorite family traditions at Christmas?
- Make a list of the important people in your life. What can you do to show appreciation for them this Christmas?
- What does Emmanuel mean? Why is it good to know that God is with us?
- What did Jesus do to prove that he wants relationship with us?
- Read John 3:16. Who loves us? Why did Jesus come? What does it mean that we have eternal life?
- Read Psalm 62:1. Who makes us victorious over sin?
- Read Romans 10:10. What do we need to do to put our trust in Jesus?
- Read Titus 2:11. Who did God send to save us all?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of The Christmas Story series.