Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Mary and Joseph tried to find place to stay in Bethlehem, there was no room for them in the inn.
- There was no room in the Inn. Luke 2:7
- Jesus came to be with us. Matthew 1:23
- We should make room in our hearts for Jesus!
Matthew 1:23 Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means “God is with us.”
See Also: Christmas
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Where’s the coolest place you’ve stayed on a vacation? Why was it so cool?
- Where was Jesus born? Why did he end up in a barn?
- What does Immanuel mean? Why is it important to know that God came to be with us?
- How do we invite Jesus to live in our hearts? (see Foundations #1-Trust Jesus)
- Read 1 John 4:9. What did God do to show us how much he loves us? Where can we live forever with him some day?
- Read Acts 4:12. Who came to save us from our sins? Why is Jesus the only one who could do that?
- Read Luke 19:10. How did Jesus save us? Why do we need to be saved?
- Read John 3:17. Jesus came to save us, not to punish us. How can you show Jesus how much you love him this week?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of The Christmas Story series.