Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
One of the greatest gifts a father can give to his daughter is the knowledge that she is deeply and unconditionally loved by him.
- Fathers are a mirror, reflecting God’s love for their daughters to see. Zephaniah 3:17
- The ultimate proof that God loves us that he gave his own Son to die for us. Romans 5:8
- Fathers can show their daughters love even in failure and difficult times. Psalm 103:13
Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
See Also: Daughters
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Do you actively communicate your love to your daughter? If you do, are there ways that you can dig deeper? If you don’t, how can you start right away?
- What does it mean to delight in and rejoice over a person? Are there examples of this kind of love from your own experience with you father or mother?
- Read Psalm 103:13. How you interact with and treat your daughter should be based on how God does so with his children.
- Read Colossians 3:21. When you are moving through relational struggles with your daughter, how does your attitude affect hers?
- Make a point to go beyond showing your love through providing for your daughter. Find ways to verbally communicate your love. What’s one way you can do this?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Daddy Daughter series.