Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
The story of Daniel teaches us how to be obedient to God even when it goes against the rules.
- Daniel followed the rules, except the ones that went against God. Daniel 6:10
- Daniel got thrown to the lions even though he did nothing wrong. Daniel 6:16
- God stood with Daniel among the lions. Daniel 6:21-22
Ephesians 5:15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise.
See Also: Courage, Obedience
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever been in a situation with friends when they wanted you to break a rule at home or school? What did you do?
- Why are rules important? What happens when we don’t follow the rules?
- What was the rule that Daniel had to decide if he was going to follow or not? What would you have done if you were in Daniel’s shoes?
- What do you think Daniel was thinking when he was thrown in the Lion’s Den for obeying God? Why do you think God allowed that to happen?
- How did God show up to help Daniel?
- Read Ephesians 5:15-17. How should we live our lives? How can we know what God wants us to do in any situation?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.