Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
You don’t eat God. But you can still be hungry for him.
- Hungry for God means you want to follow God.
- God wants us to do things that make us think of Him. Matthew 5:6
- Being hungry for God isn’t about what you actually eat.
- Staying hungry for God is about having good habits.
Matthew 5:6 Happy are those who hunger and thirst for God’s way, for they will be filled.
See Also: Prayer, Worship
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are your favorite things to eat when you’re really hungry?
- What happens to our bodies if we don’t eat enough? What could happen in our relationship with God if we never “eat” for Him?
- How can we stay hungry for God?
- Read Matthew 6:33. Does this mean we should ask God for whatever we want? What is the right order of how we should go to God? Do you think getting the order right makes a difference in your attitude?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Get Happy: A Study in the Beatitudes series.