Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Sometimes people break their promises, but God never will!
This is Q8L7 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jeremiah was a prophet who warned people not to break their promises.
- The people broke their promises and ended up paying for it.
- Even though the Israelites messed up, God had hope for them.
- God keeps his promises, even when people don’t.
Jeremiah 29:13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
See Also: Who Were the Prophets?
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- How do you feel when someone promises you something but then doesn’t follow through?
- Who was Jeremiah? What was his warning to the Israelites?
- How does God respond to us when we break our promises to him?
- Read John 8:12. Who is our light? Why should we follow Jesus?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.