Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Have you ever thought about how good you have to be to become a Christian? You know, how many rules you need to follow before God will accept you?
This is Q3L11 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Nicodemus was a Jewish religious leader. John 3:1
- Nicodemus was curious about what Jesus was teaching. John 3:2
- Jesus told Nicodemus how to become a Christian. John 3:3
- The only way to become a Christian is by believing in Jesus. John 3:16
John 3:16 For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
See Also: Salvation, Jesus
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make a list of all the good things you did this week. How about a list of some mistakes you made this week.
- Who was Nicodemus? What did the Pharisees study a lot?
- What did Jesus tell Nicodemus he needed to do to be saved?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-9. What is God’s grace? Why can’t we boast about our good deeds?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.