Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
We should practice forgiving others because we've been forgiven!
This is Q8L11 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jesus told a story about a guy who owed a lot of money.
- The servant begged and begged and got more than he expected.
- But then the servant wouldn’t forgive even a small debt.
- We should make a habit of forgiving because we’ve been forgiven.
Matthew 18:22 Forgive not seven times, but seventy times seven.
See Also: Forgiveness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What does it look like to hold a grudge? Describe what it looks like to forgive someone.
- Who owed the king a big debt? What did the king do about the debt?
- What did that guy go and do after his debt was forgiven? Why did that make the king so mad?
- Read Colossians 3:13. List all the things this verse says we should do. Is there someone you need to forgive? What has Jesus modeled for us?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.