Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
What would you do if you found a million dollars hidden in a field?
This is Q3L12 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jesus told a story to describe the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 13:44
- Jesus himself is the treasure in the field.
- For lots of people, Jesus seems hidden.
- A relationship with Jesus is the most valuable thing in the whole world!
Matthew 13:44 The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field…
See Also: Heaven
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you found a hidden treasure, what would you hope to find in it?
- What is a parable? What was Jesus trying to teach through this parable?
- Why can Jesus be hard to find? Who needs to help people to find Jesus?
- Read Matthew 6:19-21. Why shouldn’t we care more about our stuff than Jesus? What do our priorities say about our hearts?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.