Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Jesus took a boat ride with his disciples, everyone learned a lesson that they would never forget.
This is Q3L13 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jesus and his disciples were caught in a big storm on a lake. Mark 4:37
- The disciples were so afraid that they woke up Jesus. Mark 4:38
- Jesus spoke to the wind and waves and the storm stopped! Mark 4:39
- Jesus has the power to calm any storm at any time.
Mark 4:40 Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
See Also: Fear, Faith
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever been caught in a storm before? Explain. Why are storms scary?
- Who was on the boat when the storm hit? What was Jesus doing during the storm?
- Why do you think the disciples were so afraid? How did Jesus prove his power to the disciples?
- Read Psalm 121. List everything this chapter says about God. Why can we trust that God will protect us in times of trouble?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.