Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Jesus healed a Gentile woman it taught us a really important lesson on humility!
- One day, a Gentile woman asked Jesus for help. Matthew 15:21-22
- At first, Jesus said his job wasn’t to help people like her.
- The woman humbled herself instead of demanding her own way. Matthew 15:24-28
- When we stay humble before God, he will lift us up.
James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- How do you typically react when your parents say “No” to something you want?
- Who were the Gentiles? Why was it weird for the Gentile woman to talk to Jesus?
- What made Jesus want to heal the woman’s daughter?
- Read Psalm 37:3-5. To delight in God means to love him with your whole heart. When God is your first priority, how will that change your prayer requests?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.