Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When the Israelites left Egypt, God gave them a special tradition that would help them remember the kindness of God.
This is Q3L7 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God told the Israelites to pick a Passover Lamb. Exodus 12:3-6
- The blood of the lamb was painted over the door. Exodus 12:7
- When God saw the blood, he passed over that house. Exodus 12:13
- Jesus is just like the Passover Lamb. 1 Corinthians 5:7
1 Corinthians 5:7 Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us.
See Also: Jesus, Salvation, Pharaoh and the Plagues
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a cool story you’ve seen or heard about where someone was rescued.
- What instructions did God give to the Israelites? What was the Passover about?
- How is Jesus our Passover lamb?
- Read Psalm 32:5. What do you think it means to confess your sins? Why is it important to admit we’ve made mistakes? What is God’s response to us when we do?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.