Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Getting left out isn’t a new thing at all. It was happening to people way back in Jesus’s day, and it’s what today’s lesson is all about.
- Lepers had a disease that made them feel left out. Leviticus 13:45-46
- One leper was desperate enough to walk up to Jesus. Matthew 8:1-2
- Jesus was willing to touch the leper. Matthew 8:3
- Jesus cares about everyone, especially people who feel left out.
Matthew 8:3 Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you felt left out. How did that make you feel?
- What was leprosy? Why did lepers have to live outside of town?
- What happened when the leper approached Jesus?
- Read 1 Peter 3:8-9. What does this passage say about how we should be and what we should do?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.