Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Getting left out isn’t a new thing at all. It was happening to people way back in Jesus’s day, and it’s what today’s lesson is all about.
This is Q3L10 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Lepers had a disease that made them feel left out. Leviticus 13:45-46
- One leper was desperate enough to walk up to Jesus. Matthew 8:1-2
- Jesus was willing to touch the leper. Matthew 8:3
- Jesus cares about everyone, especially people who feel left out.
Matthew 8:3 Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.
See Also: Jesus, Miracles
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you felt left out. How did that make you feel?
- What was leprosy? Why did lepers have to live outside of town?
- What happened when the leper approached Jesus?
- Read 1 Peter 3:8-9. What does this passage say about how we should be and what we should do?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.