Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Every kid dreams about what they’ll be when they grow up. But whatever you become, you can change the world.
This is Q2L12 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jesus picked regular people to follow him. Matthew 4:18
- Jesus gave his followers a mission right away. Matthew 4:19-20
- Jesus made 12 regular guys his main disciples. Mark 3:13-14
- Faithful followers of Jesus are the ones who change the world.
Matthew 4:19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
See Also: Disciple-making, Faithfulness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What qualities do you look for in a friend? What qualities make for a bad friend?
- Who did Jesus pick to be his first followers? Why do you think he chose regular people instead of the super important people?
- What did Jesus tell the disciples he would help them to do? What do you think it means to fish for people?
- Read Psalm 96:1-3. Who are we supposed to praise? How often should we praise and what should we tell others?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.