Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
One of the best things to remember as a kid is that our parents are our pastors. And that means we should obey them!
- Kids basics #2 is to obey your parents.
- We should obey our parents because the Bible says so (Colossians 3:20). This will please God.
- We should also obey our parents for our protection. Our parents give us rules and boundaries not to be mean, but to keep us safe. Kids don’t always know the dangers in the world, but parents do. That’s why they set rules and boundaries.
- Don’t forget your ICE: kids should obey their parents immediately, cheerfully, and exactly!
Colossians 3:20 Obey your parents, for this pleases the Lord.
See Also: Obedience
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are some of the rules at home that are easy to obey? Which ones are harder to obey?
- What’s the first reason to obey our parents?
- What’s the second reason to obey our parents?
- Read James 1:22-24. What is God’s word? Why is it foolish to know what the Bible says but not do what it says?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Survival Guide for Kids series.